I am running the Community Edition vers 7.1.1 Build 10048 on Ubuntu 14.04.

I am just getting started with Livecode and was laying out the gui for my first little project. I'm not sure what I did but the cursor changed to the hand pointer and now I can no longer work with any of my controls. Most of the menu items are greyed out but I could select quit. When I did that I was allowed to save my work, but when I opened it back up I still could not get rid of the hand pointer. Clicking on the run tool or edit tool does nothing.

Do any of you experienced people have any idea what I could have done to cause this and how I can get back to normal operations?

Thanks,  Jim