On 07/05/2016 02:09, Rick Harrison wrote:
I’ve been playing around with HTML5
in the Community Version of LC 8.

Although I think the small green LC App Download
button is an interesting idea, I might want my users
to only use the app online. I might not want them
downloading it into their computer.

They are already downloading it onto their computer in order to run it. You are distributing your app (and LiveCode!) to them, which means that under the terms of the GPLv3 you must provide them with the complete corresponding source code in the preferred form for modification.

The convenient button helps you comply with the license.

How do I disable that LC button which is
part of the frame on the right side, or
make it disappear altogether?

Use LiveCode Indy or Commercial, or compile a version of the Open Source LiveCode HTML5 engine that doesn't include that piece of code.

It also appears there is no way to
store information in a permanent
way in flat files or to a database,
unless I’m missing something here.

At the moment there's no persistence implemented, sorry. :-(

                                   Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.br...@livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team