Hello Quentin,

Thank you for the tips on string pattern matching. I’m used to Mathematica’s
string pattern syntax, which is probably built on regex, but I can see the
similarities in your nice examples, particularly the using of alternatives
[Joe|Anges]. While Mathematica’s string functions are insanely extensive and
their implementation far more powerful that those in LiveCode, they can become
arbitrarily slow if used repeatedly in loops, and unfortunately, my procedure
requires repeating the functions over tens of thousands of files. That is why I
want to build an alternative procedure in LiveCode.

Thanks again,

Gregory