In North American English 'Focusing' is spelled 'focusing',

in British English 'Focussing' is spelt 'focussing'; and as long as we all understand what someone means by 'focusing/focussing' I cannot see any need for any correxion/correction
however skeptical/sceptical I feel about this dialog/dialogue.

Peter Brett, at the risk of being wrong, seems to have been educated somewhere within the British Isles, so, although Livecode tries to be 'cute' [there's an American word that gives me the dry boke] with American English [c.f. backGroundColor], it is only natural for him to spell it "focussing'.

This reminds me of my mother who often has faggots for lunch (she's from the South West of English) and nobody has ever accused her of being homophobic, or politically incorrect. She has, from time to time, been known to look out of the window at her rather spectacular garden and exclaim, " That's looking rather gay." I should, perhaps, point out that no LGBT people have been hurt making my Mum's garden, nor does she have rainbow flags swathed across the runner beans [oh, sorry; 'string beans"].

Richmond.