On 30/06/2016 20:48, Richard Gaskin wrote:
My understanding is that Windows lacks true POSIX file-system-level
permissions as found in Linux and in Unix flavors like macOS.

While it does have file attributes, I believe there is no
file-system-level support for granting different rights to different
users, and that the difference between users isn't managed in the file
system, but in the OS layer above it.

The opposite is true. The Windows filesystem has direct support for fine-grained access control lists that provide very good support for restricting many types of access to users and groups. It's a system that's actually considerable more powerful -- and subtle -- that POSIX permissions and, as far as I'm aware, LiveCode doesn't currently support accessing or manipulating that data at all.

                                            Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.br...@livecode.com>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager