Mark Talluto wrote:

>> On Jul 27, 2016, at 12:48 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, Mark.  You know I loves me some benchmarking. :)
>>
>> Do all three produce the same result?
>
> Yes.

I get very different results here using this script to produce a small sample data set. I would expect them to be different given that Method 1 re-uses a single multi-line key, and Method 3 uses a multi-line key to retrieve a value that in the original data is a simpler key.

Then again, I have to admit I'm not sure what the transformation is supposed to do.

Where does this code go wrong?:

on mouseUp
   -- Create small data set:
   repeat with i = 1 to 5
      repeat with j = 1 to 5
         repeat with k = 1 to 5
            put "val-"& i &"-"& j &"-"& k  into tVal
            put tVal into gCSIdatabaseA[i][j][k]
         end repeat
      end repeat
   end repeat
   -- Arbitrary ID for sub-array of interest:
   put 5 into xTableID
   --

   --GET ALL THE RECORDS FROM THIS TABLE
   repeat for each element xRecordClusterA in gCSIdatabaseA[xTableID]

   --GET ALL THE RECORDS FROM THIS TABLE
   repeat for each element xRecord in gCSIdatabaseA[xTableID]
      repeat for each key xRecordID in xRecord
         put xRecord[xRecordID] into tRecordA2[xTableID][xRecordID]
      end repeat
   end repeat

   --GET ALL THE RECORDS FROM THIS TABLE
   repeat for each key xRecordCluster in gCSIdatabaseA[xTableID]
put the keys of gCSIdatabaseA[xTableID][xRecordCluster] into tRecordID put gCSIdatabaseA[xTableID][xRecordCluster][tRecordID] into tRecordA3[xTableID][tRecordID]
   end repeat

   -- Display result:
   put arrayEncode(tRecordA1) into r1
   put arrayEncode(tRecordA2) into r2
   put arrayEncode(tRecordA3) into r3
   put ( (r1 = r2) AND (r2 = r3) ) \
         &cr&cr& "Set1 len="& len(r1) &cr&"<START>"& r1 &"<END>" \
         &cr&cr& "Set2 len="& len(r2) &cr&"<START>"& r2 &"<END>" \
         &cr&cr& "Set3 len="& len(r3) &cr&"<START>"& r3 &"<END>"
end mouseUp

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems