> On 9 Aug 2016, at 7:23 AM, Jerry Jensen <je...@jhjensen.com> wrote:
>
> And I’m happy that you did! I never knew of it. Someday I hope to use it, but
> not right now.
> Also see bug 18161 which is a follow-up to 18160. Eesh.

QuickTime is now deprecated. We are implementing cross platform audio recording
as an example implementation of Infinite LiveCode. Until then there is no audio
recording support on Windows at all or on Mac with dontUseQT true. QT is a very
old API and is unsupported by Apple. It should be avoided unless you are
specifically targeting 10.6 or 10.7 systems. If someone has urgent need for Mac
audio recording then it is quite feasible that the open source mergMicrophone
could be made to cross compile to Mac.

Cheers

Monte