Hi Mark,

i just tried it with the stack from Neil Roger which is available here
http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip
<http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip>
or an extended version, which includes also some FTP examples,here
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html
<https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html>

Are you referring to that sample stack?

I just tried it. I have no problems using it to send an email through one of my
 HostM email accounts to my iCloud email address.

Matthias