On 06/11/2016 12:44, Richmond wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to replace this:

set the unicodeText of fld "fDECODE" to (numToCodePoint(107) &
numToCodePoint(104))

with this:

*put (numToCodePoint(107) & numToCodePoint(104)) into fld "fDECODE"*

where /(numToCodePoint(107) & numToCodePoint(104))/ vary?

I have no great urge to do that sort of thing manually about 6 million
times.

Out of curiosity, is setting "the unicodeText" actually broken in the latest versions of LiveCode, or is it merely deprecated?

This looks like the sort of task that you might be able to do with regular expressions [1].

                                    Peter

[1] https://xkcd.com/208/

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.br...@livecode.com>