Hello everyone,

I have never used LiveCode’s Shell command, and I was hoping that someone on
the forum might be able to give me an example of how to use it with cURL to
download a list of files from an FTP site. I have been using cURL to download
many files at a time from a given directory by pasting the code into Terminal
in OS X. The problem is that Terminal cannot handle a command that is too long.
This limits me to pasting no more than about 500 file paths at a time, but I
need to download about 145,000 files. That’s a fair bit of manual pasting. So
if someone could give me an example of using the Shell command with cURL, I’d
be much obliged.

Regards,

        Gregory