On 30 Dec 2016, at 12:41, Skip Kimpel wrote:

+1

LC needs to reconsider breaking up functionality based upon licensing.

Indeed! I haven't looked in depth at the differences, but I thought it was more (or even entirely) about support, which makes sense for high-level business requirements, plus a turnover threshold, which is about common sense (appropriate recompense for lucrative use). With the open-source Community edition, only allowing open-source standalones is eminently logical. But limiting functionality in the way just revealed feels decidedly unfriendly, a bit like devs are being milked.

:'(

---

Keith Martin
Senior Lecturer, LCC (University of the Arts London)
Technical Editor, MacUser magazine (1997-2015)
http://PanoramaPhotographer.com
http://thatkeith.com
+44 (0)7909541365

---