If you want to talk about a "perv": I'm currently using 7.1.4 for all my development work.

Richmond.

On 1/12/17 12:02 am, Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode wrote:

Richmond:
> Well, the first question anyone is going to ask is why
> on earth you are using 6.7.11?

Don't forget to use "OMG/LOL/derisno/perv" as in for example: "OMG, why are you using 6.7, are you a total perv? Derisno past! LOL." :)

There is a history to every product, and not only do we learn a lot by comparing past to present, but the latest version of LC that people take for granted owes a lot of fixes and some features to Paul in particular due to his meticulous work and testing, providing a huge benefit to the entire community!

It's wonderful to keep up with recent LC releases, especially where Apple is concerned, but sometimes circumstances and LC bugs/features can affect the speed of that process. Then you have people who grab the latest DP, precisely because it is the very latest thing, and get confused trying to tell the difference between their own bugs and DP bugs. I help people with that often enough to know that a chorus of "just grab the latest" is advice that needs clarification.

Paul:
> We are seeing a weird menu rendering issues under OSX

I believe this menu issue is also a current bug in LC 8.1.2! Haven't tried it yet in LC 9, but I will soon. LC 6.6 was okay, so it must have been introduced in 6.7 and remained until now.

Craig:
> I am hunkered down in v6 until I can swallow the new "look"
> of v8/9. The only thing I really miss from those is the new
> multi-char itemDelimiter.

Change for the sake of change keeps some people incredibly happy, others less so! The new interface does take some getting used to, and the old interface definitely had its strengths too, as I've realized lately with certain particular tasks and with teaching others. Much to learn from comparing and critiquing LC versions, enjoying the very latest as well as some past specimens!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
http://livecodeconsulting.com/