Hi,

On-rev.com hosting, using LC server to present a list of our AM/FM radio programs for people to listening to on-demand.

Out of a month's 20 programs, 3 or 4 might not get uploaded due to copyright issues, etc. Also, mp3's are not on the on-rev.com server, but another hosting service we use as well.

Filenaming is standardized, so I know the list of programs. I want to hit the server, if the mp3 files exists, present it as an <audio src=, if the mp3 file does not exists, present a "Sorry, program not available" message.

If I wanted to check on the existence of a small text file, it would be fast enough for me to just get it, put it into a variable and see if the variable has anything in it. But mp3's are too big, so too slow.

Locally, I would simply write "if there is a file 'filename'..." -- what's the equivalent command for checking on existence of a file on a server?

Thanks in advance.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan