I really wish the copy to clipboard thing would have worked because it
would have been a very simple solution for a personal application I
wanted to work on for myself.

I will endeavor to learn about sockets etc. even though that is
more of a learning curve here. I would rather have found
something simple, but unfortunately the things one thinks
should be simple usually turn out to be harder than imagined.

Thank you Richard and Mike for pointing out the resources
that I need to conquer!

Rick