Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> The new dictionary, like the project browser, is targeted to people
> who think exactly that way, and access things in that pointy-clicky
> way.
>
> And even then, pulldown for categories rather than clicking.
>
> Those of us that run the other way in accessing a UI will *never*
> find this approach an adequate replacement.

What is "the other way?"

I almost never click anything other than results from the search list. I open the Dict window, type my query, review the results.

What would we do to improve this?

FWIW, I've not really been fond of any Dictionary since MetaCard's. Even then I didn't really like it all that much, and worked with Jacque and some others to make a replacement.

The current Dictionary content is in wonderfully well-separated array files, making it easier than ever for third parties to use existing internal APIs to deliver the content in any form we choose.

Anyone up for making a new Dictionary using native (non-web-based) LiveCode?

Would take some work, but very doable.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems