the URL is read as an ITEM from a line in a file that was generated by PHP
(which is I am sure where the cr comes from)

PHP code just concatnates label "HTTP Link, item delimiter "=" and the URL
starting with HTTP.

I think I will just write a little repeat loop to rewrite the URL before I
send it off to the launch command.   Gonna try format function too