Earlier this morning I wrote in reply to Mark Waddingham:

> My question arose because a forum user found an interesting
> workaround for making backgroundColor in text pastable into other
> applications - this post gets to the meat (the thread as a whole
> is long):
> <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28531&start=30#p150801>

...and included some queries about the differences between clipboardData and fullClipboardData.

Mark, no need to reply:

I always recommend to newcomers that they take a little time to explore new features to get a feel for how they work. After all, nothing beats hands-on experience for learning.

So I ate my own haggis and made a sample stack, with notes, that I just posted in that forum thread:
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28531&p=150837#p150837>

Thanks again, Mark, for the reminder about fullClipboardData. It's not only very useful for things I'm working on, but also provides a super-simple solution for the OP in that thread.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems