I hesitate to post but...

A dev posted here about a change made to the engine to make it more efficient
which ended up causing problems down the line, memory being released before
it's time, and the need to create a special C class to handle it. When was this
implemented? I ask because I am running 8.1.2 and I have a method I am using
which involves some recursion and database reads and writes in between.

Sometimes it works famously, other times I crash to desktop. I have gone
through the code to make sure I have no endless loops, and yet I am still
getting this CtoD sporadically. If it were looping it would happen every time.

Bob S