On 3/14/17 11:58 PM, Phil Davis via use-livecode wrote:
Maybe right after you import the JSON data, preprocess it with something
like this:

set the lineDelimiter to "\u"
repeat for each line tLine in tJsonData
    put numToCodePoint("0x" & char 1 to 4 of tLine) & char 5 to -1 of
tLine after tNewData
end repeat
put tNewData into tJsonData

Then go on your merry way. Would that work?

Alas, no. I did something similar earlier this evening. If you replace the escaped sequences before running it through jsonToArray, the function throws [an error and gives] up. If you run jsonToArray first, there are no escapes to process, they are all converted to garbage by then.

But Monte has a fix in the pipes. I think he's been lurking here and fixing bugs before I can report them. He just wants us to think he's psychic.

I beat him to the bug in jsonImport though.