On my Macintosh, when I have my mBot robot recognised by Bluetooth lets me see the following
in mergBLE 1.1.15:

This demo both scans for and advertises the service and characteristics below along with a random read only characteristic. Run it on two devices and you should be able to move the slider on each device and see the changes on the other device.
Each device will act as both peripheral and central.

Central : unsupported
Peripheral : powered on
Service 47EC425E-633F-4F04-9A65-DEDEB (rest unreadable because field is too short)
Connections
Central 0372A886-E203-415E-A94A-40-C9D11606
Peripheral Monte's iPhone

which has Nix to do with this:

An Android tablet I have tells me the UUID numbers for the mBot are:

Custom service: 0000FFE1-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB

and

Custom service: 0000FFE4-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB

So, no "joy" at all.

Richmond.