I've had the same problem with 9.0dp6, unexpected crashes, sometimes a whole string of them, also not reliably or reproducably or predictably.

It may be just coincidence, but when I told the firewall to deny LC it seemed to get a little better. (I'm still getting asked about remote access on every launch.) After extended use something starts failing, always different each time, and if I continue anyway it will eventually crash. Sometimes menu keyboard shortcuts stop working, yesterday the message box refused to respond. Last week just clicking the Messages icon in the toolbar crashed LC five times in a row, today it works fine.

If I could reproduce it reliably I'd report it. I've learned that when a normal action fails I need to save everything and restart.