Paul Dupuis wrote:

> This is a long shot, but has anyone ever experienced any problems
> with:
>
> put <variable> into URL ("file:"&tFilespec)
>
> On network drives under Windows, specifically where the users entire
> "home' drive is a network drive (using Active Directory).
>
> An error occurs ("the result" is coming back non-empty), but I don;t
> have the specific error - this occurs at a customer site and this
> particular part of the code does not display the Operating System
> error in "the result" to the customer
>
> It does not occur every time, but frequently.
>
> This is a standalone built under a pre-LC7 version of Livecode (so
> pre-Unicode) so could it be a unicode character in the filespec?

With file I/O I've gotten into the habit of adding a call to the sysError function to let the OS provide the specific error code related to the failure, e.g.:

  put tSomething into url tSomeFile
  if the result is not empty then
     answer the result && "(" & sysError() &")"
     exit to top
   end if

--
 Richard Gaskin