Richard:

> Any way to abort this?:
> on mouseUp
>    repeat
>      answer "Hi"
>    end repeat
> end mouseUp

There is a good chance of succeeding if you hold down Enter continually to actuate the dialog OK while clicking rapidly on the toolbar Property Inspector icon. If the Inspector appears, you can use it to select your button, edit the script, add a breakpoint, "OK" and then stop the script. It's also possible to open the Message Box this way or (for slightly different code) turn off messages. Depending on the exact code and situation it may take a while to get back control but it's nice when it works! BTW I'm on Windows, real Windows that is. :) I think I've used this technique on Mac too but let me know if it works.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
http://curryk.com/consulting/