On 16/06/2017 2:39 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
On 16 Jun 2017, at 2:22 pm, Tom Glod via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

I'm relieved to hear that.... I think I misunderstood Todd's blog... maybe
his was a purely volume related bottleneck and not the library he was using.
Ah, yes his is a use case that had lots of requests running in parallel and
from the looks of things to the same API which libURL doesn’t cope with (would
need a redesign to have request IDs rather than using the URL as the ID). I’m
not sure if he needed asynchronous put, post or delete but that’s also
something libURL doesn’t do. So the sockets are fine it’s just libURL
implementation that would need some help to meet Todd’s requirements.
In Todd's application there was a requirement for asynchronous HTTP POST requests which aren't supported in libURL.

Without tsNet, POST requests need to be sent in series.... "post tData to url xxx", wait for the response and then issue the next post. From memory, his application sends over 1000 POSTs to perform a sync and running them "one at a time" really slowed the process down.

By using the asynchronous POST capabilities of tsNet, a lot of these requests could be sent without waiting for others to complete. This is what provided the dramatic performance improvement he saw.

Regards,

Charles

Cheers

Monte