JB, a few of these snippets have been posted to the list, but with no explanatory text. Were these intended for someone else?

If you meant to send them here, for the benefit of those of us who may not have ready access to an Objective-C compiler, would you mind offering some description of what we should be learning from these?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems

JB wrote:

Compile the following objective-c code as argv_nsstring-1

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>

int main(int argc, const char * argv[]) {
    @autoreleasepool {
        NSString *arg1 = [NSString stringWithUTF8String:argv[1]];
        NSString *arg2 = [NSString stringWithUTF8String:argv[2]];
        NSString *arg3 = [NSString stringWithUTF8String:argv[3]];
        NSLog(@"\nArgument 1: %@\n", arg1);
        NSLog(@"\nArgument 2: %@\n", arg2);
        NSLog(@"\nArgument 3: %@\n", arg3);
    }

    return 0;
}

Enter the following code in a button;

on mouseUp
   set the defaultFolder to "~/Desktop"
   put "ONE TWO THREE" into tFILE
   put shell( "./argv_nsstring-1" && tFILE) into pData
   put pData into fld id <YOURFIELD>
   beep 2
end mouseUp

ompile the following C++ code as argv_c++

#include <iostream>

// When passing char arrays as parameters they must be pointers
int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
    if (argc < 5) { // Check the value of argc. If not enough parameters have
been passed, inform user and exit.
        std::cout << "Usage: Enter 4 Arguments & try again.\n"; // Inform the
user of how to use the program
        exit(0);

    } else { // if we got enough parameters...
        std::cout << argv[0] << "\n";
        for (int i = 1; i < argc; i++) { /* We will iterate over argv[] to get
the parameters stored inside.
                                          * Note that we're starting on 1
because we don't need to know the
                                          * path of the program, which is
stored in argv[0] */

            std::cout << argv[i] << "\n";
        }

        return 0;
    }
}

Enter the following code in a button;

on mouseUp
   set the defaultFolder to "/Users/JB/Desktop/"

   /* DO NOT USE ANY SPACES IN ARGUMENTS */
   put "One" into tFILE1
   put "Two" into tFILE2
   put "Three" into tFILE3
   put "Four" into tFILE4
   put shell( "./argv_c++" && tFILE1 && tFILE2 && tFILE3 && tFILE4) into pData
   put pData into fld id 342435
   beep 2
end mouseUp

 on mouseUp
   set the defaultFolder to "~/Desktop"

   /* ADD SPACES IN ARGUMENTS BY USING QUOTE */
   --put "One" into tFILE1
  // Below I added a space in the filename before the word copy.
   put quote & "/Users/JB/Desktop/SomeFile copy.jpg" & quote into tFILE1