panagiotis wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-8.
> - A new HTTPd script library has been added. The HTTP Server
> library can be used to receive and respond to HTTP requests
> in your application.

A very valuable addition. I'm curious about what prompted that development effort, and does it support HTTPS connections, or CGI?

> New experimental features:
>
> - [Experimental] A new "Mac Native Button" widget is added to
> LiveCode's widget collection.

The Dictionary for this new version doesn't load on Linux this time (hangs the process actually, one of the known issues), so forgive this question probably answered there:

Does the syntax for that button style use "button" or "widget"?

What does this do differently from the "Standard" button style?

Does it have the same properties and message handling options we're used to with buttons?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems