I guess I asked that question rather badly.

I didn't mean "what info should I get from tsNetInit ?"

I meant "what info should I get when a standalone app crashes" ?

All I'm getting now is this empty dialog box that says "execution error" and has no further info.

Well, it turns out I finally tracked it down : it was a missing inclusion for mergJSON.

The app has a splash stack, then the real stack, and lots of behaviour stacks - so it wasn't doing very well on "search for inclusions", so I was doing manual inclusions. The problem always occurred when I tried to do some network activity (hence me being suspicious that I was was misusing tsNet). In fact, the app always does asynch POSTs, and includes some info which comes from an array, as JSON data, via calls to arrayToJSON().

I thought I was OK because I had ticked both

JSON Library

and

mergJSON-x86_64

not realizing there is also an entry for "mergJSON".

Fixed that - and all seems to be happy for now.
Thanks again to everyone who helped.
Alex.