Stephen Barncard wrote:

> Which means every network and independent film-maker is breaking the
> law...
>   because I guarantee that they're not looking at the EULA when
> sending off their work for broadcast or theater.    I see this every
> day.
>
> Kinda like "don't ask don't tell" if you ask me.
>
> And unenforceable. They'd have to sue everyone using their product.

Is that any more difficult than identifying a specific printer used to print a document?

<http://www.instructables.com/id/Yellow-Dots-of-Mystery-Is-Your-Printer-Spying-on-/>

> I just don't worry about this stuff when working on music or video
> projects.

In this case I'm working with a client in which my contract obliges me to ensure there are no copyright or patent liabilities in delivered work.

I can push it off on their legal team, but as a consultant it seems useful to be able to suggest alternatives as well.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems