yes, this!

    The deeper I get into mobile design the more it becomes clear that true
    swipe transitions are somnething users expect, and by extension
    something new developers would expect to be supported.

hit me hard yesterday when a new beta tester, 15 year old with an iPod Touch
with no cell or data connection (parents don’t' want him to have that yet) but
can get everything on wifi, and has lots of apps … little thing is really a
jewel. Makes my iPhone 7 look liks some kind of semi-truck! ha

anyway, the device is so small, he can practically reach his thumb to the top
of the screen, so I logged him into our local wifi. got his UDID from xCode
install our new SivaSiva app.

 I was amazed at how often he would "flick" his thumb, left or right, expecting
something to happen.  I had to say " you can only go up or down tap to
navigate."

And this: from a visitor today, retired lady teaching in three remote schools
in Bengal now

Q: how many of these poor kids in remote areas have phones?
A: Answer  "Swamiji! *everyone* has phones! It's amazing, even the boatman will
be padding with one leg and talking on is phone on the other (lots of water
ways in Bengal) They are all buying inexpensive Androids from Korea… "MicroMax"
I think they are.."

Q: how many of these kids have any facility in English
A: among the young: 30-40%

Oh boy… gotta get me one of these MicroMaxes… did think I would have such a
huge market in Bengal remote villiages!

and, they too will all be swiping!

BR