On 07/29/2017 09:23 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

P.S. One other possibility I've toyed with is doing LCS->BYTECODE, then BYTECODE->ASYNCIFIED_JAVASCRIPT. The latter would be particularly easy if targetting browsers which have already implemented the new async JavaScript features. Since it looks like the HTML5 engine will only become truly widely usable when we move to WASM, this might well be a much more maintainable, and relatively quicker option.

I also want to point out (thanks for that long well-thought-out post) that many of the use cases you list might be better served with callback functions than with a cobbled-together 'wait' command. Javascript on its own doesn't have a wait or sleep command, and while there are ways to simulate the effect, they are problematic in a real-world environment where network timing issues are out of control of the calling code.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com