FWIW there's a right-click menu in devolution's DeskView tool, "Center Offscreen Windows".
<http://fourthworld.com/products/devolution/index.html>

But ideally none of these should be needed. Isn't there some way we can prevent this from happening? I thought the OS was supposed to prevent this, no?

What do we tell end-users who do this with windows in our apps?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems