make sure your slashes are all correct. on iOS and desktop are forgiving with
double// in URLs; but android is not.. .this bit me many times
file:/somepath/somefile.html
works
file://somepath/somefile.html
doesn't
So If you have path setters here and there, one needs to follow some
convention, either leave folder string *always* with no closing slash and all
appended url strings begin with a slash.. I started that way but this was
always confusing to me because on web / means "from DOCROOT" so slowly I am
refactoring all these to
function path_Assets
return specialFolderPath("documents") & "/assets/"
end path_Assets
then in any module we use
play sound (path_Assets() & "bells-whistles/ding.mp3") because this is
"relative" # very subjective..
So what started failing on Android -- really hard to debug!
where instances of
play sound (path_Assets() & "/bells-whistles/ding.mp3")
because these would work on Mac desktop and only fail on Android so you are
beating your head "what is wrong."
On 8/10/17, 1:28 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Dan Friedman via use-livecode"
<[email protected] on behalf of
[email protected]> wrote:
I’m having a problem loading a local file on Android in the Browser Widget
in LC 8.1.5. I am experiencing what is described in bug 19036. But, bug
19036’s status is “Resolved” in version 8.0.0. So, is something else up?
Anyone have any insight?
-Dan
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[email protected]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode