I’m curious. Has anybody done much with push notifications on mobile? There is
a lesson on the livecode web site which is quite detailed, but leaves out the
server side of the equation. I have been thinking about an emergency alert app
and am exploring how difficult it would be to implement various communication
technologies. Texts seem pretty straighforward, but I was thinking that push
notifications might get more attention.

The goal is to get the information to the recipient’s brain. It can get to the
device, but unless the last (weak link) is traversed, the alert is ineffective.
The target time for this is 15 minutes.

I’ve Googled the heck out of these topics and there are really nice expensive
services that can do the job, but we don’t want to pay the high fees. Others
are marketing oriented, not optimized for emergency services. A custom app
could be ideal, especially with increasing wildfire activity worldwide.

Ideas and info?
Best,
Bill

William Prothero, PhD