Bob Sneidar wrote:

>> On Aug 28, 2017, at 12:01 , Randy Hengst wrote:
>>
>> Wow, if I set the cantSelect of my background graphic to true AND set
>> the grc to disabled…
>
> grc is not a token.

But is is, first introduced to the xTalk world by Bill Appleton in SuperCard 1.0, following the pattern established by HyperCard:

button = btn
field = fld
background = bg
card = ard

MC added a new one, almost too sparse for my tastes yet I don't mind using it:

scrollbar = sb

There are others as well.

> I guess you are using an acronym. I hate acronyms. ;-)

I don't mind acronyms, as long as any not in widespread common use are defined within the text later using the acronym.

There are just too many TLAs to memorize all of them, and since that one might mean anything from "Temporary Living Allowance" to "Top Level Architecture" it would be useful if I noted at least once at the outset that I mean "Three-Letter Acronym". :)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems