That's excellent, thanks H!

Ben

On 20/09/2017 17:03, hh via use-livecode wrote:
Ben R. wrote:
General question: where can users find a reference to the supported
properties/commands/functions of widgets? E.g. the properties of a Segmented
Control widget?
More specific immediate question: where can I find a reference for the Browser
widget?

In the dictionary (sorted by random) or in tinydict (sorted) choose the widget
in the API menu.

Ben R. wrote:
Even more specific question: how can I interrogate the contents of the loaded
page in a browser widget? e.g. the dictionary has

        -- Use JavaScript to hide "myButton" in the page displayed in a browser
widget.
        do "document.getElementById('myButton').hidden = 'hidden'" in widget
"myBrowser"

But how would I get the value of document.getElementById('myButton').hidden
back to LiveCode?

___ 1. In your card's script (for example) put:

on openCard
    set the javascriptHandlers of widget "browser" to "jsGetValue"
end openCard

-- handles the return from the browser
on jsGetValue pValue
    put pValue into fld "OUT"
end jsGetValues

___ 2. Then use this as follows.

put "var x=document.getElementById('myButton').value; liveCode.jsGetValue(x);"
into js
do js in widget "browser"

Note.
There may be more javascriptHandlers, separate them by cr.
(Was a bug in some versions on Win: If not working separate them by comma).
You may use more than one argument for javascriptHandlers.
That's all.
You don't have to declare them (here jsGetValue) as function in the HTML
document.

HTH, H.