On 20/09/2017 22:44, Mike Bonner via use-livecode wrote:
If "textchanged" triggers on paste, you can probably use that..

textchanged does trigger - but *after* the text has appeared. With returninfield and pastekey I get the message first - and can prevent the character being inserted.

In order to use textchanged, I'll need to keep a local copy of the field content so that if I do find a CR I can restore the previous content and selection point - but on a very quick try that does seem to work OK.

I'll have to check it out more thoroughly, and then try it on mobile, but it sounds like it should work -  thanks.

Alex.
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <