On 9/23/17 2:27 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
when we issue "wait 200 milliseconds with messages"  does the engine send idle to the
card? i.e now the phone OS has time to "catch up" ??

Basically. The idle message is sent regularly whenever no other handlers are running. The engine uses these idle periods to do housekeeping, which I guess you could think of as "catching up."

When you wait with messages, the engine is put into the state where "nothing is happening" and so receives idle messages for the period of time specified by the wait. It also allows other user actions to execute and regular engine messages to be sent normally.