Folks:
In livecode 8.1.7 (RC2), I drag a scrollbar to the window of a new stack. I the
scrollbar script, I put the following code:

on dragLeave

        answer  “here"

end dragLeave

The “dragLeave” message is shown in the autocomplete list. There are numerous
other entries in the autocomplete list in the IDE editor, that look like
messages that are sent for various operations.

I get nothing when I move the scroll with the mouse. Same behavior for “slider”
and “scrollbar” controls in 9.0.0 (DP9).

What’s up? Is this a bug, confusion on my part? Seems non-intuitive. It seems
to me that there are a LOT of entries in the auto-complete list that do nothing
relevant to the control. If I put the handler in the stack script, I also get
nothing.

Best,
Bill P

William A. Prothero