On 11/4/17 12:12 PM, Peter Reid via use-livecode wrote:
So, please can anyone either advise me how to work around the apparent
mobilePlaySoundOnChannel command bug in LC 9 or advise me how I can fix the
compilation error to try my app with LC 8.1.7?

Just a guess, but you could try playing the new set of sounds on a different channel with a new name. The dictionary also says that passing an empty parameter to the command will clear out the current channel so you might try that too before playing the new set.