On 11/29/2017 02:27 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
Is there a way to play audioClips in Linux?

The tutorial makes no mention of this feature being restricted to some platforms.

audioclips work in Linux. I don't know what dependencies you need to satisfy, and you'll have to do some experimenting with file formats (wav might be the safest bet) and the bit rate and sample rate to find those that work and those that don't. My experience is that some sounds (maybe very short ones?) seem not to do anything in the IDE but play fine in a standalone.

Looking at this page:

http://www.music.helsinki.fi/tmt/opetus/uusmedia/esim/index-e.html

the first three sample wav files "play" as white noise when imported as audioclips (in the IDE) but the u-law encoded one reproduces nicely.

Warren