On 01/13/2018 12:45 PM, Mike Bonner via use-livecode wrote:
Quick question.. I'm attempting to write a program to work with my
hdhomerun (networked tv streamer) and think i'm on track.. However, i'm not
sure if its possible to tell the player to open a udp connection on port
5000 and wait for the stream to come in. (apparently, I need to have it
ready to receive before I send the command to the hdhr)  Will the player do
this?  If not I'll probably end up using vnc as my player, but it would
sure be nice to have an all LC solution.  (maybe I can use the browser
widget.. hmmm.  )

I pipe my hdhomerun through a raspberry pi running osmc as my dvr. The hdhomerun box itself has open-source drivers, if that helps you out.

https://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_development.pdf
https://github.com/mharsch/node-hdhomerun
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hdhomerun

If I connect to the pi over the osmc web interface I can use a RESTful connection over vlc to view live or saved videos. The format is

http://192.168.0.99/stream/channel/<id1>?ticket=<id2>

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, but the easiest (and fun) thing might be to put a pi on the network, use the hdhomerun driver for osmc, and let it do the heavy lifting for you.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com