On 2018-01-17 04:29, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
Mike Kerner wrote:

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

The LC Roadmap at <https://livecode.com/resources/roadmap/> includes
under "Planned":

  Automated REST API wrapping

Sounds enticing.  What is it?
And is there even a loose, no-I-won't-hold-you-to-it-but-just-curious
target version?

This was discussed at LCG but I'll get the month wrong - August?

I could go hunt it down, but since we're here and for the benefit of
those who may not have access to those for-fee-only sessions, could
someone working on that offer at least a brief summary here?

This is referring to LiveCode Connect - which I did a prototype for in an LCG2017 session...

Its currently pegged for 'completion' in Q2 this year for LC9.1, and assuming things align, we will likely have at least one more talk on it in LCG2018, if not two (although the latter two things, in particular, are subject to change).

LC Connect uses Swagger/OpenAPI specs to generate script libraries which wrap the APIs.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/