LiveCode isn’t the only app to leave windows visible, so I’ve become used to
typing Cmd-Alt-H if I switch to another app or the finder and there’s something
in the way that doesn’t belong to the app in front.

 Cmd-Alt-H is a system wide short-cut to “Hide Others”, so it should work in
most apps and normally shows under the app menu.

Paul