That's because there are several flavors of RegEx. Nice huh?

RegEx is in my opinion the top choice for inducing insanity. I have a utility
where you type in what you start with and what you want to end up with and it
tries to figure out the regex for it. It's less than perfect as you can
imagine.

While RegEx is really handy when you need it, my feeling is to avoid it if at
all possible.

Bob S