Bob Sneidar wrote:

> The only way I can see for that to be a bad thing is if it became the
> new and ONLY way to develop in Livecode. So long as they are options,
> I do not see what all the fuss is about.

Amen, brother.  Options are liberating, requirements are limiting.

My only fuss is to make sure the breadth of options remains wide, and that the simplest are invitingly presented as the entry point for new scripters.

Those who identify as pro devs looking to save time on GUIs can find their way beyond a beginner's guidance, as long as they're motivated to do so by having seen great examples (don't get me started about what I've seen in the Android app store).

But the beginner knows nothing, so we want to tell the most inviting tale, to guide them into a story of the shortest path they've ever imagined between conceiving of an app and handing a standalone of it to a friend.

This is a story LiveCode can tell uniquely well, provided we aim to be good storytellers.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems