Well . . .

That puts "q" into both fields with a US English keyboard layout . . .

&

ит АЛСО (whoops) it ALSO puts "q" into both fields with
a Bulgarian keyboard layout.

So "NBG" I'm afraid.

Thanks for the suggestion :-)

Richmond.

P.S. Had to change 'N' to 'M'.

On 28/2/2018 11:19 am, hh via use-livecode wrote:
If I understand correctly what you have in mind then you could
try the following.

Clicking the button will place one copy of numToCodepoint(M)
into both fld 1 and fld 2.
Type into the fields as usual, especially you can delete.
Typing outside the fields ("blind") will put one copy of
space&char into fld 1 and two copies of space&char into fld 2.

on mouseUp
  put 113 into M
  send "rawkeyDown M" to me
end mouseUp

In card's script:

on rawKeyDown N
   if the target contains "field "
   then pass rawKeyDown
   put numToCodepoint(N) into X
   send "keyUp X" to me
   put space & X after fld 1
end rawKeyDown

on keyUp K
   if the target contains "field "
   then pass keyUp
   put space & K after fld 2
end keyUp

Richmond M. wrote:
Here we go again: I reply to my own posting:

So: I have 2 fields and a button; the button having this sort of script:

on mouseUp
     put empty into fld "fff"
     select after fld "fff"
     type "q"
end mouseUp

and the cardScript of the stack having this sort of script:

on rawKeyDown RD
     put empty into fld "sss"
     put RD into fld "sss"
end rawKeyDown

at which point, on clicking on the button I get "113"
in field "sss", and, oddly enough, empty in field "fff".

Of course that doesn't help me at all as I want to do things the other
way round:

i.e. I want to send a rawKeyDown signal that fakes typing on the key on
my keyboard that has the underlying rawKey code of 113.