You probably will not want to hear this, but if each card is simply a record in
a "database" then you should be made aware the unlike the Hypercard engine, the
Livecode engine is not optimized to work this way. If you have common card
layouts (I call them forms) you should consider using only one card for each
form, and then accessing a database like sqLite, or storing your data in arrays
saved as properties of the cards or stack.

Bob S