I was thinking about that. Depends on what you mean by par. If you are not
indexing array values, then you will have to touch every array element each
time you query. It's back to one pass sql conversion then, and you would get
all the benefits of sql in the bargain. The only time an array query api comes
in handy is if you are only trying to filter an array for a key:value a few
times. If you have to do this many times, conversion to a memory based sqlite
database could really pay dividends for a large array, especially if you took
the time to index the columns that mattered most.

I'm going to put together a benchmark soon I think. Shouldn't take too much
time to do so. I have some good SQL data I can punch into an array then create
a memory based SQL database from.

Bob S