THANK YOU for the recommendation! It took 4 seconds to convert this giant array to an SQLlite DB that could be queried in a heartbeat. You just took this project from proof of concept to prototype.

My apologies to the list, I vaguely remember seeing that thread but didn't recall the title or date. Hopefully THIS thread will make it easier for the next n00b to find their solution.

--Andrew Bell

Andrew, you don't peruse this list much, do you? :-)

A recent thread has been going on about just this issue. The upshot is that one pass through the array is obviously needed for the sqLite conversion, but after that multiple queries can be done much more efficiently. I have code already written that converts an array to a memory sqLite database. Once you do that, you can index on the columns you query most often. Contact me off list and I will send it to you.

As an aside, why not just use an sqLite database out of the gate? And to the rest of the list, there should probably be a way to import a file based sqlite database into a memory database and then back again for speed.

Bob S