I'm getting false positives when using mobileSensorAvailable("location") with Location Services disabled on my device. iOS is able to determine Location Services is disabled and notify user (via a short script), but the same code in my Android build is telling me the sensor is available. I thought maybe this was a LC9 thing, but compiling with LC8 demonstrated the same behavior.

I'm using this to calculate distance to various locations from the device, but since I didn't have a fail check written to make sure the coordinates returned are not empty (since I'm already checking for the sensor to be available) the values returned are bogus and seem to be based off a starting lat/log of 0,0 which is in the Atlantic Ocean.

Even using the provided lesson and demo stack, LiveCode would tell me the location sensor was available with WiFi & Location turned off in Android settings but never be able to give me coordinates (the Get Current Reading button of the demo just logs "Current Reading" rather than actual details).

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/30379-how-do-i-get-the-location-and-use-the-digital-compass

--Andrew Bell